[syslinux] syslinux installation issues

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Thu Nov 12 15:19:14 PST 2009

Op 12-11-2009 6:28, H. Peter Anvin schreef:
> Shao came up with the right answer to this problem, here.  I simply
> hadn't seen this email when I sent mine out (I don't always read all the
> letters in my mailbox before acting on things, which sometimes causes
> problems.)
>
> Sorry for the collision, and *thank you* to Shao for helping track this
> down...
>
> 	-hpa

Solution works confirmed, under both Win98 MSDOS 7.10, as well as
FreeDOS (kernel 2039), on fat32.
Not sure a DOS version check is enough though, FreeDOS has FAT32 support
optionally (but by default) compiled in, but still allows to set
DOS-compatible version to different values than 7.10
(fat32 supporting kernels set it to 7.10, all others to 6.22 or 5.00 if
I remember correctly).
For now however, it will do just fine :)

Thanks for having tracked this down, as well as having fixed it, makes
my experimenting a lot easier :)

Bernd