[syslinux] MEMDISK El Torito Emulation

John Rouillard rouilj at renesys.com
Fri Nov 20 09:22:40 PST 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 04:00:30PM +0000, Kim Mik wrote:
> After I compiled MEMDISK with the 2 patches added after the
> release of syslinux 3.84-pre4, it did work great :-D.
>
> I also tried Dell diagnostics (iso with a hard disk emulation
> boot sector) in qemu and it looks like it works. I don't know
> any other iso's that use hard disk emulation.

Does anybody know if the clonezilla iso will work with the patched
memdisk?  When I tried it with the iso patched memdisk it died after
partition IIRC (not at the office today so I can't test). I wasn't
sure at the time if it was trying to read from the cd directory or or
if there was some other thing (like hard disk emulation) going on.

--
				-- rouilj

John Rouillard       System Administrator
Renesys Corporation  603-244-9084 (cell)  603-643-9300 x 111