[syslinux] MEMDISK El Torito Emulation

Kim Mik kimmik999999 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 23 13:26:27 PST 2009

Shao Miller wrote:

> It appears that you are suggesting that MEMDISK keep its kernel command-line
> around (it does!) and that some Syslinux variant (ISOLINUX, in this instance) in
> the RAM disk take a look for these arguments.  This is an interesting idea, but
> not currently available.  (That I know of.)  The trickiest part would be that
> finding these parameters (the MEMDISK command-line) would be the responsibility
> of the booted items in the RAM disk.  Thus all .ISOs in existence would need to
> be updated in order to find and use these parameters.

There exist to dos programs that can read the passed MEMDISK arguments:
- mdiskchk.com: in Syslinux archive at dosutil/mdiskchk.com
- getargs.com (based on mdiskchk.com): http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/Accessing_MEMDISK_arguments_from_DOS

They probably can be converted to a com or com32 module.

- Gert Hulselmans