[syslinux] IPAPPEND breaks menu module

Adrian Bridgett adrian at smop.co.uk
Wed Nov 25 11:47:12 PST 2009

Just spent a few hours going mad(der) wondering why my menu config
wasn't working.

It looks like the change in 3.74 ("Add IPAPPEND to com32 modules,
especially needed for linux.c32") breaks menu.c32 (and possibly other
modules) since they aren't expecting it.

In particular menu.c32 uses that as an optional menu file, it then
complains "Initial menu has no LABEL entries!" (note that this isn't
the same as another bug which was fixed w.r.t menu initialisation).
Running v3.83.

Minimal config to reproduce the problem:
UI menu.c32
IPAPPEND 3

LABEL localboot

(Just stick a "#" in front of IPAPPEND and it all works again)

Thanks

PS: I'm not subscribed but will be checking the archives :-)

Adrian
--
bitcube.co.uk - Linux infrastructure consultancy
Puppet, Debian, Red Hat, Ubuntu, CentOS, ...