[syslinux] IPAPPEND breaks menu module

Adrian Bridgett adrian at smop.co.uk
Thu Nov 26 11:19:14 PST 2009

On Wed Nov 25 13:45:07 PST 2009, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 19:47:12 +0000 (+0000), Adrian Bridgett wrote:
[snip]
> > Minimal config to reproduce the problem:
> > UI menu.c32
> > IPAPPEND 3
>
> Okay... not many people use a global IPAPPEND, so I can see how that
> would break things

Most of my entries are "boot this linux kernel" and it's useful there
(namely so that installers can figure out what NIC to DHCP out of for
machines with multiple NICs).  Only a few are non-linux - I'm not
complaining, just stating my use case :-)

There is a workaround I've discovered - using "UI menu.c32 ~" allows
it to work nicely.

Thanks,

Adrian
--
bitcube.co.uk - Linux infrastructure consultancy
Puppet, Debian, Red Hat, Ubuntu, CentOS, ...