[syslinux] Bootable CD for booting of USB HDD

Luciano Rocha strange at nsk.no-ip.org
Thu Oct 1 03:40:40 PDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 12:33:29PM -0700, Kim Mik wrote:
> > But I'm wondering if there is a way to get the cd to tell the computer to boot
> > using the kernel on the usb drive. Is such a thing possible?
>
> You can use PloP.

Neat. I was hoping I could use it to test my boot pens under VirtualBox,
but I haven't had much success. With EHCI support, the VM locks when
scanning the USB buses. Without EHCI, the system is *very* slow.

But it works faster under qemu, so at least it's better than -hda /dev/sdx for
tests.

Thanks,
Luciano Rocha

--