[syslinux] memdisk: not enough memory

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Mon Oct 5 13:51:00 PDT 2009

Hallo, Miller,,

Du meintest am 05.10.09:

> You wrote about MEMDISK not using RAM to emulate a BIOS drive.

[...]

> Mapping in this way is not implemented in MEMDISK nor in
> "MEMDISK-ISO" at this time.  But such a "MAPDISK" is possible. :)

Sounds good!

> What underlying media would you want your DVD .ISO files to sit on,
> just out of curiosity?  An HDD?

My main machine (PXE/tftpboot) now contains (among other stuff) about 20
DVD *.isos of several distributions.  I'm testing them on several other
machines, and it's ugly to find the real DVDs among all the other crap
in my playground.

It's a kind of virtual tool chest.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut