[syslinux] [patch] PXE-On-A-Disk: etherboot2ethersel.pl patched for etherboot-5.4.3+dfgs

sobtwmxt sobtwmxt at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Oct 8 13:35:13 PDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 03:40:43PM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> On 10/06/2009 01:25 PM, sobtwmxt wrote:
> >
> >   I tried etherboot2ethersel.pl from PXE-On-A-Disk
> > (ftp://ftp.scyld.com/private/jlehan/pxe-on-a-disk.html) with
> > etherboot-5.4.3.  I hope it doesn't matter much that I actually used
> > Debian source package.  It failed:
> >

> What about gPXE as opposed to Etherboot?
>
> 	-hpa

  I tried gPXE.  Its goals looks impressive.  But I am lost.  It
didn't recognize the NIC.  PXE-On-A-Disk did recognize it.
PXE-On-A-Disk gave a "No IP address" message.  I could find that
problem as part of a faq.  gPXE documentation seems to me much less
organized.
  Should I somehow integrate ethersel.c32 within gPXE?  I do want to
have a boot diskette that will be able to operate with as many NICs as
possible.  Can I use ethersel.c32 as part of a gPXE script?  Is there
a scripting language for gPXE scripts?  How to get acquinted with
gPXE?