[syslinux] memdisk locks when loading imz dos image

Antonio Arce aarcev at verizon.net
Fri Oct 9 21:55:10 PDT 2009

I have been using memdisk (version 3.82) with no problem. I use it to
boot my x86 computer with a compressed image I created/modified from an
original DOS floppy bootable diskette. The original size of the image is
2.44 MB. I tried memdisk (version 3.83) and the bootable image gets
uncompressed, bu the computer locks up and the las two lines in my
screen are:
Starting MSDOS...

If I copy memdisk (from 3.82) on my current syslinux (3.83), obviously I
previously renamed memdisk (8,38) as memdisk.old, then the computer
boots normal.
my computer has 1GB ram, I am booting from a USB flash drive (8GB) and
it has an intel pentium III processor.
Thanks