[syslinux] Memdisk in Release 3.82 conflicts with a Intel BIOS update Image

Sean Lv lvjie at kaspersky.com.cn
Wed Sep 16 20:24:51 PDT 2009

Dear all

	We have an Intel BIOS update Image booting from PXE server for Intel
DG45ID. Previously, we used Syslinux 3.72 as bootloader and it work! Several
days ago, I upgraded to 3.82 and found the BIOS update tool stopped at the
execution.

1, This image is based on Win98 bootdisk, about 18MB size.
2, the process name of BIOS update tool is itoolkit.exe and iflash2.exe
3, The image can be booted via memdisk (Syslinux 3.82) successfully, but
stopped with the execution of iflash2.exe. When the iflash2.exe is been
executed, some message will displayed on the screen in yellow color with
twinkling, some words like "do not power off your PC during upgrade, the
process can take up to 2 min".  Normally, with 3.72, it takes up less than
2min. However, with 3.82, I leave a whole night during iflash2.exe
execution, it is endless. But I am not sure if my PC halted, at least, the
Ctrl+ALT+DEL is useless.
4, I tried use parameter int/safeint/raw/bigraw, but it didn't work.

Thanks in advanced

Best Regards

Sean Lv Jie