[syslinux] Syslinux

Pierre-Alexandre Meyer pierrealex.meyer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 08:08:11 PDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 5:39 AM, Dark Knight <florin91 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I saw on ubuntu that when syslinux starts, it starts a pop-up with language
> selecting. I think (?) (not sure) this is from a patch of syslinux named
> gfxboot.

Couple of things actually: the gfxboot patch and Ubuntu custom gfxboot
scripts.

And I want to make a bootable cd and I need to know how to obtain
> that with syslinux, or how to patch it with gfxboot!

The preferred method would be to use gfxboot.com in the Syslinux
distribution (not compatible with the Ubuntu scripts,
cf https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/syslinux/+bug/270822).

The Ubuntu patches are slightly outdated but you can have a look at them if
you download the source packages
(apt-get source gfxboot-theme-ubuntu would be a good start).

--
Pierre-Alexandre Meyer
http://mouraf.org