[syslinux] Booting linux install on usb key using extlinux

Shocky shocky1 at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Sep 22 16:52:00 PDT 2009

Hi,

The examples for making a bootable usb key using extlinux just transfer a live
cd to usb. To me, this misses the advantage of usb keys (other than size),
that they are writable. I would like to have a full linux install on a usb
key and be able to boot it using extlinux. This way I can install new
packages and make other changes without jumping through squashfs hoops. Is
there reason why this won't work? Any advice on how to configure extlinux to
make this work?

Thanks,
Shocky
--