[syslinux] port syslinux isohybrid perl script to C

P J P pj.pandit at yahoo.co.in
Tue Apr 13 11:32:32 PDT 2010

  Hi,

Please have a look at the new patch attached with this mail, and also accessible

from: http://pjp.dgplug.org/tools/syslinux-3.86-isohybrid.patch.1

I've made most of the changes you suggested,

  - unit8_t, uint16_t, and u_int32_t.
  - The hexdata[] array is defined in hexdata.c created by make
  - bin2hex.pl now outputs data as C array.

--- On Tue, 13/4/10, H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:
> Yes, I'm bloody sure!  If you look at the documentation for
> [s]printf you'll even find that %hh... is meaningless for printf
> (as opposed to scanf).

  So, how does one write binary byte sequence, write(2)?

> >   About testing it, I tested it against
> the F12 boot.iso, with both your Perl script as well as the
> .c program, and both of them show the *same* values for
> variables when printed.
>
> Clearly you didn't actually test it properly, since there
> is simply no way the code could have output the proper result.

  Well ok, so how do I test it properly?

Thank you.
---
Regards
    -Prasad
PS: Please don't send me html/attachment/Fwd mails