[syslinux] Bug-report: Memdisk regression for XMGR DOS memory manager

Gert Hulselmans gerth at zytor.com
Thu Apr 15 03:36:57 PDT 2010

Helmut Hullen wrote:
> Hallo, Gert,
>
> Du meintest am 14.04.10:
>
>> The FreeDOS image used by UBCD also fails with "safeint" on some PCs.
>> The image works fine in qemu and on some other PCs.
>> http://syslinux.zytor.com/archives/2009-March/011854.html
>
> [...]
>
>> You can download the 2.88MB floppy image (more recent) from here:
>> http://ubcd.stopspazzing.com/downloads/ubcd-dos/fdubcd.-1.36-2010-04-
>> 07.img.gz
>
> The URL leads to nowhereland, and the dot after "fdubcd" seems to be a
> typo.

It works again. The person who owns the domain accidentally removed the
ubcd subdomain. The dot was accidentally added to the filename before I
uploaded it, but the file is available at this location, nevertheless:
http://ubcd.stopspazzing.com/downloads/ubcd-dos/fdubcd.-1.36-2010-04-07.img.gz

> Searching for "fdubcd-1.36-2010-04-07" leads to a webside which offers
> sexy pictures too - strange.
>
>         http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1422
>
> may be a better side for getting the download address.
>
> Viele Gruesse!
> Helmut

I don't see any sexy pictures. I only see a banner of "Ultimate PC Repair
CD - Boot up ANY Computer" (Google Ad). Maybe you visited to much porn
websites and google knows that ;-).

- Gert Hulselmans