[syslinux] port syslinux isohybrid perl script to C

P J P pj.pandit at yahoo.co.in
Thu Apr 15 02:09:33 PDT 2010

Hi,

Please have a look at the latest patch attached with this mail and also accessible

from: http://pjp.dgplug.org/tools/syslinux-3.86-isohybrid.patch.3

Major changes:

   - Fixes a small glitch in reading `id' from offset 440 in the MBR.
   - Adds a new script bin2Carray.pl to create hexdata.c; ie. bin2hex.pl
     is untouched.
   - Adds a new function to display_mbr() when using verbose mode.

Also, I did a bit of testing with the original Perl script and the this patch, and it looks quite the same.

(tmp @ 14:32)$ cmp boot.iso boot.iso.1
boot.iso boot.iso.1 differ: byte 3, line 1
(tmp @ 14:32)$ cmp boot.iso boot.iso.2
boot.iso boot.iso.2 differ: byte 3, line 1

(tmp @ 14:34)$ cmp output.iso output.iso.1
output.iso output.iso.1 differ: byte 433, line 4
(tmp @ 14:35)$ cmp output.iso output.iso.2
output.iso output.iso.2 differ: byte 433, line 4

Thank you.
---
Regards
    -P J P
PS: Please don't send me html/attachment/Fwd mails