[syslinux] port syslinux isohybrid perl script to C

Gert Hulselmans gerth at zytor.com
Thu Apr 29 15:17:16 PDT 2010

P J P wrote:
>    Hi,
>
> --- On Thu, 29/4/10, H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:
>> You need to fix your endianness problems, at the very least.
>
> I tried to fix the endianness problem, please have a look at the latest
> patch accessible at:
>
>  - http://pjp.dgplug.org/tools/syslinux-3.86-isohybrid.patch.4

> Thanks.
> ---
> Regards
>     -P J P

Some small remarks:
+ * isobybrid.c: The kernel loader which uses a FAT, ext2/3 or iso9660 file
+ * system or a PXE network.

isohybrid.c instead of isobybrid.c

isohybrid.c is only applicable for ISO's AFAIK. So maybe the following is
more appropriate (comment from perl isohybrid script):

* isohybrid.c: Post-process an ISO 9660 image generated with
*              mkisofs/genisoimage to allow "hybrid booting" as a CD-ROM
or *              as a hard disk.

- Gert Hulselmans