[syslinux] sub-menu's

Gert Hulselmans gerth at zytor.com
Fri Apr 30 17:57:42 PDT 2010

Matthew Holevinski wrote:

> LABEL ####
> MENU DEFAULT

AFAIK this makes no sense (MENU DEFAULT).

> (THIS IS WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO ADD - HYPOTHETICAL BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW
> WHAT I'M DOING)
>
> MENU START ^8. Update Bios

MENU START is only valid inside MENU BEGIN ... MENU END

LABELs can't contain spaces (and shouldn't have the same name):

>   LABEL Dell
>     MENU START
>       LABEL Dell model
>         KERNEL memdisk
>         APPEND initrd=bios\dell\dell_model\bios_revision\win98.ima(custom
> autoexec inside ima to kick off installer)
>       LABEL Dell model
>         KERNEL memdisk
>         APPEND initrd=bios\dell\dell_model\bios_revision\win98.ima(custom
> autoexec inside ima to kick off installer)
>       LABEL Dell model
>         KERNEL memdisk
>         APPEND initrd=bios\dell\dell_model\bios_revision\win98.ima(custom
> autoexec inside ima to kick off installer)
>     MENU END
>   LABEL HP
>     MENU START
>       LABEL HP model
>         KERNEL memdisk
>         APPEND initrd=bios\HP\HP_model\bios_revision\win98.ima(custom
> autoexec inside ima to kick off installer)
>       LABEL HP model
>         KERNEL memdisk
>         APPEND initrd=bios\HP\HP_model\bios_revision\win98.ima(custom
> autoexec inside ima to kick off installer)
>       LABEL HP model
>         KERNEL memdisk
>         APPEND initrd=bios\HP\HP_model\bios_revision\win98.ima(custom
> autoexec inside ima to kick off installer)
>     MENU END
> MENU END

If you want to see submenus, you need to add MENU LABEL after the LABEL
lines.

Take a closer look at the menu examples given by Shao Miller and John
'Warthog9' Hawley.
Also read doc/menu.txt of the syslinux documentation carefully, like said
before.

- Gert Hulselmans