[syslinux] PXELINUX LocalBoot 0 fail; hunting for bug

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 10:45:41 PDT 2010

Recently, I decided to pull out a new model laptop for testing related
to my job at work.  Dell Latitiude E6400, BIOS A14.  Normally I have
it set to boot CD, USB, Net, then HDD and noticed that with
PXELINUX-4.02 and 'LOCALBOOT 0', it hung on me before leaving the PXE
stack.  I then tried 3.86 and it worked.  4.00 and 4.01 both hung when
I tested them as well.  Changing to 'LOCALBOOT -1' or using 'chain.c32
hd0' both resolved this issue.

At this time, I'm just trying to post to give people an FYI in case
they run into a similar situation and to say that I'm going to be
trying to hunt for where/how things are hanging.

I still have to get another test environment configured to obtain the
exact displayed messages.

--
-Gene