[syslinux] Ghostcast random freeze.

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 15:28:41 PDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 16:32, Hudson, Lawrence H.
<Lawrence.H.Hudson at tuck.dartmouth.edu> wrote:
> Between the time I requested this post and its actual posting I found my problem involved the hardware of the new T410, 510, x201 Lenovo laptops that have released this year. We have over 300 of these machines to build but was experiencing the lock ups. I had recently changed over to the pxelinux right before the new models showed and assumed it was more than likely a pxelinux issue.
>
> I have not been able to resolve this issue with a dos based boot img. To resolve the issue I created a winpe 3.0 boot.wim which I boot too and image from. I believe the issue to be a hardware conflict with the Lenovo laptops. Using the same dos images which freeze up on the new machines I can image any of my older ones without fault.
>
> If anyone has seen these issues and can guide me on how to resolve this dos base hardware issue with the new Lenovo's that would be great.

Again, information on how and where it locks up is also helpful as
there may be similar machines that behave similarly but are not an
exact match.  It could just as easily be a bad PXE stack from the NIC
vendor as a misbehaving BIOS or a known bad driver.  Those three are
just three quick and easy possibilities for the issue.

If this was provided, it's very possible this might be a more generic
issue that only exhibits itself on similar new hardware and someone
might be able to provide guidance if they've seen a similar issue.

--
-Gene