[syslinux] Lua.c32 wiki page

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Aug 9 09:25:41 PDT 2010

Hi,

I have been experimenting a bit with lua.c32 and I have created a small
lua.c32 wiki page at:

 	http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/Lua.c32

With my minimal knowledge about Lua (and the inconvenience of not being
able to copy&paste or edit scripts) I discovered that the dmi module has 2
functions (supported, gettable) and a syslinux module with 1 function
(run_command).

Do we have some information available about these functions ? And what is
planned for Lua in the future, I haven't seen this discussed here ?

What could be useful is:

  - a way to find the boot-method (and device/name) (syslinux.bootloader,
    syslinux.bootdevice)

  - a way to query syslinux information (syslinux.version, syslinux.api)

  - a way to provide syslinux a generated .cfg (syslinux.load())

  - a way to query for pci device (and match pci.ids or modules.list)

  - a way to query other hardware info

  - an implementation of the os module, now one cannot exit lacking
    os.exit()

  - the dmi module could export its information as module variables, rather
    than a function that exports a table

For the current functionality I'd like to include some examples on the
Wiki page.