[syslinux] Lua.c32 wiki page

Marcel Ritter Marcel.Ritter at rrze.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Aug 9 11:07:21 PDT 2010

  Am 09.08.2010 18:25, schrieb Dag Wieers:
> Hi,
>
> I have been experimenting a bit with lua.c32 and I have created a
> small lua.c32 wiki page at:
>
>     http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/Lua.c32
>
> With my minimal knowledge about Lua (and the inconvenience of not
> being able to copy&paste or edit scripts) I discovered that the dmi
> module has 2 functions (supported, gettable) and a syslinux module
> with 1 function (run_command).
Did you take a look at com32/lua/doc/syslinux.asc?
I tried to document the (very basic) functions calls there, including
some examples.
> Do we have some information available about these functions ? And what
> is planned for Lua in the future, I haven't seen this discussed here ?
>
> What could be useful is:
>
>  - a way to find the boot-method (and device/name) (syslinux.bootloader,
>    syslinux.bootdevice)
>
>  - a way to query syslinux information (syslinux.version, syslinux.api)
>
>  - a way to provide syslinux a generated .cfg (syslinux.load())
>
>  - a way to query for pci device (and match pci.ids or modules.list)
>
>  - a way to query other hardware info
>
>  - an implementation of the os module, now one cannot exit lacking
>    os.exit()
>
>  - the dmi module could export its information as module variables,
> rather
>    than a function that exports a table
If someone can point me to the corresponding com32 code, I'll do my best
to add some more lua bindings - but this could take some time, due to the
lack of spare time, sorry.

> For the current functionality I'd like to include some examples on the
> Wiki page.

Bye,
    Marcel