[syslinux] memdisk isolinux and voyage-0.6.5.iso

Jim Cromie jim.cromie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 20:03:15 PDT 2010

Im trying to use pxelinux-4.02 + memdisk as follows

LABEL voyage-current
   MENU LABEL   ^C.  voyage-current
   LINUX memdisk
   INITRD voyage-current.iso
   APPEND iso raw console=ttyS0,115200n81 panic=5 pause

LABEL voyage-0.6.5
   MENU LABEL   ^6.  voyage-0.6.5
   LINUX memdisk
   INITRD voyage-0.6.5.iso
   APPEND iso raw  console=ttyS0,115200n81 panic=5 pause

It mostly works - memdisk successfully loads the isos (raw helped here)
but the *.cfg's inside the iso dont have a SERIAL directive (which I need)
and no output is available to help me figure out how things are failing.

`strings` tells me the voyage ISO is using
ISOLINUX 4.01 debian-20100712
 Copyright (C) 1994-2010 H. Peter Anvin et al

Is there any way to supply config elements on the command-line ?
I saw nothing on the wiki..

is it possible that something like this could be made to work ?
   INITRD voyage-0.6.5.iso='serial\ 0\ 115200:console\ 0',
...<additional-initrds>