[syslinux] gpt and extlinux how to get it bootable?

Dwight Schauer dschauer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 07:59:13 PDT 2010

Hi Tobias,

Bit 2 of the attributes for the parition in question need to be set.

I made patches to sgisk (part of sgisk) and submitted them to the
author about a month ago, but I've gotten no response.

Here is my latest patch.
http://bogen.teegra.net/gdisk-0.6.9-sgdisk-attributes.das-r0.patch

# make hda1 gpt partition 1 legacy bios bootable
sgdisk /dev/hda --attributes=1:set:2

# show attribute bits that are enabled for hda1 gpt partition 1
sgdisk /dev/hda --attributes=1:show

# disable gpt partition 1 legacy bios booting
sgdisk /dev/hda --attributes=1:clear:2

Sincerely,
Dwight Schauer