[syslinux] Chainloading DRMK

Michal Soltys soltys at ziu.info
Wed Aug 18 23:24:13 PDT 2010

On 18.08.2010 23:43, Gene Cumm wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 13:59, Gert Hulselmans<gerth at zytor.com>  wrote:
>> Gene Cumm wrote:
>>>
>>> In addition to those register values, it also must have a value of
>>> 0x0000003f (little endian, of course) at ds:[bp+28].  I still need to
>>> trace around to find what that's used for.

That's hidden sectors value. Basically from what you say, it wants valid
BPB values (hidden sectors, possibly chs geometry and drive) in
relocated bootsector.

I'm slowly finalizing quite extensive update to chain module, which
should simply allow loading DRMK without any further adjustments, using
invocation such as:

chain hd part segf=0x70 segs=0x4000 setgeo setdrv at 0x24 sethid maps
nohand write

Of course, if that's all there is that DRMK really wants.