[syslinux] memdisk + grub2 consumes lot of memory

KESHAV P.R. skodabenz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 04:28:26 PST 2010

Hi all,
         I think I have asked about this before but I do not know
whats happening. I have problems booting syslinux in my GPT disk which
I have asked in a separate topic "Boot Error GPT partition" . I loaded
https://github.com/skodabenz/Tianocore_DUET_memdisk_compiled  (append
options - floppy ro nopass) . Using syslinux when it was booting
properly, did not lead to loss of RAM. But now since syslinux does not
boot, I am using grub2. I mailed the grub2 devs regarding this at
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-grub/2010-12/msg00021.html .
They mentioned it is a memdisk problem. I am not sure though. These
are the memdisk outputs

memmap_grub2.txt -
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-grub/2010-12/txtjbbLXRY2Fh.txt
memmap_syslinux.txt -
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-grub/2010-12/txtlMdsmhrNKx.txt
memmap_dirext.txt - When USB pendrive is used to load DUET - Actual
amoutn of RAM -
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-grub/2010-12/txtMKcPtgbgYF.txt

Thanks for any possible help.

- Keshav