[syslinux] memdisk + grub2 consumes lot of memory

Shao Miller Shao.Miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca
Thu Dec 30 05:29:28 PST 2010

On 12/30/2010 08:20, KESHAV P.R. wrote:
> How do I generate such a syslinux floppy image and how do I use
> memdump.com or c32 meminfo.c32 module?

You can create a blank floppy image with:

   dd if=/dev/zero of=syslinux.vfd count=2880

Then you can format it with FAT12 with 'mkfs.vfat' or whatever, then you
can install Syslinux to it.  Then you can mount it and copy either or
both of the two aforementioned modules.  When you boot the floppy image
with MEMDISK, you should see the Syslinux "boot: " prompt and should be
able to manually invoke those modules.

- Shao Miller