[syslinux] anyone using pxelinux.0 > 3.36 successfully with HP DLXXX G3, G5?

Thomas Mieslinger thomas.mieslinger at 1und1.de
Mon Feb 15 00:04:51 PST 2010

Hello *

this morning I tried to upgrade from pxelinux 3.11 to 3.84 and
discovered that the localboot stuff does not work on HP DL360 G3 and G5.

The latest syslinux Version I found with a working localboot is 3.36.

pxelinux.cfg/default:

default harddisk
prompt 1

label harddisk
   localboot 0

implicit        0
timeout         250

This so simple, it should just work, shouldn't it?

The BIOS Versions are

G3 BIOS: P31(03/03/2005)
G5 BIOS: P58(07/10/2009)

Probably it doesn't work for G1,G2 and G6 Systems.

Is this a known limitation of the newer pxelinux Version?

Thanks in advance

regards Thomas

--
Thomas Mieslinger
IT Operations Core Infrastructure Services
E-Mail: thomas.mieslinger at 1und1.de

1&1 Internet AG
Brauerstraße 48
76135 Karlsruhe

Amtsgericht Montabaur HRB 6484

Vorstände: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Thomas
Gottschlich, Robert Hoffmann, Markus Huhn, Hans-Henning Kettler, Dr.
Oliver Mauss, Jan Oetjen