[syslinux] isolinux.cfg parsing issue

gettinther gettinther at unity-linux.org
Wed Feb 24 06:49:38 PST 2010

Hi,

I've been trying to setup a dual livecd.  However I am getting an
error with parsing the isolinux.cfg.  I am using 3.84.

the relevant section of the isolinux.cfg is as follows

label LiveCD1
    kernel vmlinuz1
    append livecd=livecd1 initrd=initrd1.gz root=/dev/rd/3 acpi=on
splash=silent vga=788 keyb=us fstab=rw,noauto
label LiveCD2
    kernel vmlinuz2
    append livecd=livecd2 initrd=initrd2.gz root=/dev/rd/3 acpi=on
splash=silent vga=788 keyb=us fstab=rw,noauto

When written this way, both selections end up opening the same
squashfs image (livecd1).
If I write it the other way around:

label LiveCD2
    kernel vmlinuz2
    append livecd=livecd2 initrd=initrd2.gz root=/dev/rd/3 acpi=on
splash=silent vga=788 keyb=us fstab=rw,noauto
label LiveCD1
    kernel vmlinuz1
    append livecd=livecd1 initrd=initrd1.gz root=/dev/rd/3 acpi=on
splash=silent vga=788 keyb=us fstab=rw,noauto

then both selections end up opening the livecd2 image.
The proper append values seem to be parsed if I offer different options.

Not sure where to look on this one.

thanks,

Cyrille