[syslinux] tftp upload and OACK problem.

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Feb 24 15:49:07 PST 2010

Hello!

I recently started testing curl's tftp options, and found that it crashed
when trying to upload files using tftp because it didn't handle OACK properly.

So, I'm attempting to fix it.  Now, I have an endless loop:  The client (my hacked curl)
sends TFTP write request with options,
server responds with OACK (tsize, blksize)
client sends data packet, block 0
BUT:  server responds again with OACK
These last two steps happen over and over.

I'm not sure exactly what version of tftp I'm running (--version doesn't do anything useful),
but it's whatever comes standard on Fedora Core 8.

My question is:  Has anyone successfully tested uploading to any version of
the tftp-hpa server with a tftp client that does options?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>