[syslinux] isolinux.cfg parsing issue

Sebastian Herbszt herbszt at gmx.de
Thu Feb 25 14:16:00 PST 2010

gettinther wrote:
> Ok, I've got an interesting development.  If the label contains the
> string "livecd", the first entry is selected (like "abclivecddef",
> "123livecd456")
> I'll change the livecd= call in the append to something else and report back

The livecd starts with gfxboot. If i exit it, return to the prompt and press TAB
it displays odd labels:

LiveCD LiveCD LiveCD Video<random char?>safe<same random char?>mode
<random char?>VESA

isolinux.cfg got

label LiveCD start - 64bit
label LiveCD start - 32bit
label LiveCD alternate start - 32bit
label Video safe mode - VESA - 32bit
label LiveCD alternate start - 64bit
label Video safe mode - VESA - 64bit

Do labels support spaces and custom chars?

- Sebastian