[syslinux] "Dos installer??? from Win98se

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Sun Feb 28 03:51:17 PST 2010

Op 20100228 om 02:57 schreef Shao Miller:
> swdamle at bsnl.in wrote:
>>

> Hello.  You sent your message twice, I believe.

Yep, I got those two also. ( and two more about two weeks ago )

>> This has reference to ???"Dos installer" from Win98se in Syslinux-3.84.
>>
>> Sorry to say the problem CONTINUES with Syslinux-3.85. Following is
>> for your reference please.
>>
>> Microsoft(R) Windows 98
>>
>>    (C)Copyright Microsoft Corp 1981-1999.
>>

>> C:\WINDOWS>format o: /s
>>

> I am curious: How many HDDs in the computer?  What is the partition
> layout (including primary and other) for each disk?  O: is a long ways
> from C:, so this is interesting.

All that many (defined) disks _could be_ the reason
why the actual 'syslinux' command doesn't work.

Back to:
  syslinux -sma -d syslinux o:
which is in four simular messages from the same poster.
(being persistent is good (making progress is better))

On http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/SYSLINUX
is an example that says
  syslinux.exe -m -a -d /boot/syslinux z:

So now I'm curious what happens on WIN98SE when
  syslinux -s -m -a -d /syslinux o:
is executed. (note the extra spaces, dashes & slash ( ' ', '-' & '/' ))

Cheers
Geert Stappers
happy user of pxelinux