[syslinux] Dell problems with PXELINUX 3.62

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 13:36:23 PST 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 6:15 AM, Lindgren Daniel
<daniel.lindgren at tullverket.se> wrote:
>> Learning to do a "git bisect" isn't too hard but does require reading.
>>  It took me a few hours from knowing nothing about git to
>> being able to bisect and test for an issue with a GX620
>> running A11 in the exact same version slot (3.61 - 3.62).
>
> Interesting, we also have a bunch of GX620's. Has your issue been
> resolved in later versions?

Resolved in 3.62.  I did the bisect to find why 3.62 resolved it for
the purpose of documenting and understanding the issue.  One of the
main factors was that it was listed as a known issue on the Syslinux
site.  I only observed this behavior (dropping the USB keyboard) with
BIOS A11.

--
-Gene