[syslinux] XP iscsi gpxelinux?

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 10:05:12 PDT 2010

I have a working pxelinux environment.
I point the "boot server" (windows dhcp) to my tftp server and
"Bootfile name" to pxelinux.

How would I invoke the chain loader over iscsi?

I was reading the following page and wondering if I could use
gpxelinux to boot this?

http://etherboot.org/wiki/soc/2009/dverkamp/notes/windows_xp_iscsi

I saw examples of san boot here
http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/Sanboot.c32
but im not so sure how to tie the two together.

I'm guessing that gpxelinux.0 still uses a file related to the mac address
probably under a directory gpxelinux.cfg or default if none exist

label iscsi-xp-boot
  kernel sanboot.c32
  append iscsi:my.target.dns.name::::iqn.2000-01.test.etherboot.org:iscsiboot.xp

Would that do?

Or can I continue to use pxelinux.0 with sanboot?

I'll try this when I get it built but it is taking me forever to get
xp built properly.

then in my dhcp server point it to my tftp server with the file gpxelinux.0
instead of pxelinux.0

After I get it built I'm guessing I can sysprep it and deploy it to
other iscsi shares off of real iscsi devices and