[syslinux] Syslinux 3.85 chain.c32 problem solved

Thomas Mieslinger thomas.mieslinger at 1und1.de
Fri Jul 2 01:38:06 PDT 2010

Hello Shao,

thanks for asking this.

I did my tests with "matching" versions.

To the best of my knowledge this wasn't resolved.

Testing this kind of stuff is time consuming and my boss told me to work
on other projects.

Additionally I'm waiting for several more boxes to test (DL180G6,
DL360G7, Dell R210, IBM x3550M3, IBM HS22). So I don't expect any
results posted to this list anytime soon.

Regards Thomas

On 07/ 2/10 10:28 AM, Miller, Shao wrote:
> Good day Thomas,
>
> Was this LOCALBOOT and/or chain.c32 problem ever resolved?  Was the
> chain.c32 being used a match for the PXELINUX (pxelinux.0/gpxelinux.0)
> being used?  Have you tried any newer versions lately?
>
> You'd mentioned problems with:
>
> HP DL360G4p
> HP DL360G6
>
> - Shao Miller

Thomas Mieslinger
IT Operations Core Infrastructure Services
Telefon: +49-721-91374-4404
E-Mail: thomas.mieslinger at 1und1.de

1&1 Internet AG
Brauerstraße 48
76135 Karlsruhe

Amtsgericht Montabaur HRB 6484

Vorstände: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Thomas
Gottschlich, Robert Hoffmann, Markus Huhn, Hans-Henning Kettler, Dr.
Oliver Mauss, Jan Oetjen