[syslinux] Bottom Post

Miller, Shao shao.miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca
Tue Jul 6 10:34:17 PDT 2010

What is the point of including "previous text" while preserving
"discussion order" at all?

BEGIN ARCHIVE:
---
Hello there.
---
Today, so-and-so wrote:

> Hello there.

Hello yourself.
---
Today, so-and-so wrote:

> Today, so-and-so wrote:

> > Hello there.

> Hello yourself.

Hello from me, too.
---
END ARCHIVE

Compare to excluding "previous text":

BEGIN ARCHIVE:
---
Hello there.
---
Hello yourself.
---
Hello from me, too.
---
END ARCHIVE

Which is more "readable" to you?

Did you mean the following with what you typed?:

"When I am reading a top-down, chronologically-ordered,
oldest-message-first, flat, text file archive of messages from several
threads of discussion, I like to find the last message in a particular
thread and I like to be able to read that message as though it was an
archive for just that thread."

?  If not, how do you read an archive?  Do you read a daily digest?
Your message seems to suggest that there is such a thing as "discussion
order," but does not define it nor reference a preferred definition.
I'm lost.

Failing to fully understand your "bottom-posting" needs,

- Shao Miller