[syslinux] constants and line continuation

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Fri Jul 9 22:55:00 PDT 2010

Hallo, Shao,

Du meintest am 09.07.10:

> In regards to your question concerning a constant prefix which is
> prepended to filenames in your PXELINUX config-file:

> Are you familiar with DHCP options 209 and 210?  As documented in
> syslinux/doc/rfc5071.txt, you could potentially make good use of
> these. If you set 210 to:

> http://webserver/

> Then any relative file paths found in any config-files will be
> fetched via that prefix.

But that's a prefix for all config files. I like to put several config
data, vmlinuz, initrd etc into their own subdirectories, p.e. one for
clonezilla, one for udpcast, one for grml.

And then it's a fine solution to declare

        Label udpcast
        Path udp
        kernel $Path/vmlinuz
        append initrd=$Path/initrd.gz

etc.

But maybe that's very much work for a small enhancement - it's a kind of
"nice to have".

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut