[syslinux] booting clonezilla *.iso via PXE fails

Miller, Shao shao.miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca
Sat Jul 10 11:32:22 PDT 2010

Hello again Helmut,

Hmmm... :)  I'm confused about your versions now.  Since ISOLINUX is
_inside_ the .ISO, it can be a different version than the PXELINUX and
MEMDISK used.  Could you possibly clarify, per scenario:

- The PXELINUX version used
- The MEMDISK version used
- The ISOLINUX version used by the .ISO

?  You can press Control-V at the "boot:" prompt to gather Syslinux
version details.  You can APPEND 'pause' for MEMDISK to pause before
booting, allowing you to gather the MEMDISK version detail.

I had assumed that you had re-mastered these .ISOs to use ISOLINUX 4.0x.
This assumption might have been a mistake.  If your response to the
above query yields that ISOLINUX 3.86 (or lower) is used in the .ISOs,
but that MEMDISK is 4.0x, then this could be a cause for a regression
concern.  I'll try my (possibly older) FreeDOS .ISO with MEMDISK 4.02
and see what happens.

- Shao Miller