[syslinux] debian/ubuntu live CDs

Daniel Baumann daniel at debian.org
Wed Jul 14 08:24:21 PDT 2010

On 07/14/2010 04:35 PM, Helmut Hullen wrote:
> if I try to PXE-boot a debian/ubuntu/clonezilla/debianlike live CD (with
> a directory "live", just for recognising this type) via

debian-live images are not yet memdisk-bootable, the basic support is
already there[0], but i guess the image you're using is not using
current versions of live-initramfs resp. live-boot.

for use with pxe, debian-live has special images for that, see the
wiki[1] and the manual[2] for more information.

also note that the right place for debian-live related things is
debian-live at lists.debian.org; the syslinux upstream list is for bugs in
and development of syslinux, not in its specific application by
distributors.

[0]
http://live.debian.net/gitweb?p=live-boot.git;a=commit;h=99a3dc05824d23cbc684f3af43172f31af17bb8d
[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive/