[syslinux] debian/ubuntu live CDs

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Wed Jul 14 09:18:00 PDT 2010

Hallo, Daniel,

Du meintest am 14.07.10:

>> if I try to PXE-boot a debian/ubuntu/clonezilla/debianlike live CD
>> (with a directory "live", just for recognising this type) via

> debian-live images are not yet memdisk-bootable, the basic support is
> already there[0], but i guess the image you're using is not using
> current versions of live-initramfs resp. live-boot.

> for use with pxe, debian-live has special images for that, see the
> wiki[1] and the manual[2] for more information.

Many thanks - but I search a way to _use_ those images from
"everywhere", I don't want to _rewrite_ them.

> also note that the right place for debian-live related things is
> debian-live at lists.debian.org; the syslinux upstream list is for bugs
> in and development of syslinux, not in its specific application by
> distributors.

Sorry - I want to use many *.iso images via PXE boot, and therefor I ask
in this mailinglist how to manage even the way debian uses for its own.

It's only the debian way which makes problems when I try PXE booting
*.iso images.

By the way: I had taken a deep look into the debian-live mailinglist the
last hours. Interesting, but not helpful. I won't give up the PXE way.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut