[syslinux] gpxelinux local disk boot does not work

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 16:36:19 PDT 2010

I have a lab in which I keep all my computers set to try network boot
first that way it is easy to put a file in pxelinux.cfg of the mac
address of a faulty machine and have it build itself or run
diagnostics.

Up till recently I used pxelinux.0. I have been trying out gpxelinux
so that I can use its http fuctionality to download initrd images
faster to boot. I just discovered that its local boot doesn't work the
same as pxelinux.0
Here is my entry in pxelinux.cfg/default

LABEL local
MENU LABEL local boot
LOCALBOOT 0

this worked in pxelinux.0 but not in gpxelinux.0