[syslinux] Including keyboard mappings (Was: Very last call for Syslinux 4.02)

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Tue Jul 20 13:07:37 PDT 2010

On Tue, 20 Jul 2010, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> On 07/20/2010 09:52 AM, Dag Wieers wrote:
>>
>> But it will require people to specifically convert and provide them in
>> advance, rather than have a syslinux that is enabled for all keyboards by
>> default (eg from /boot/extlinux/maps/). Which for non-US
>
> I think the best would be for distros to make that with a syslinux-kbd
> package which depends on syslinux and kbd...

Perfect, although it might be possible that distributions may do this
differently. We may want to create a page with recommendations for
packagers like other projects do ?

>> For some reason I have a deja-vu, did we have this discussion before ? :)
>>
>> BTW Did the below issue ever got fixed:
>>
>>      http://syslinux.zytor.com/archives/2006-March/006720.html
>>
>> Because it prevented us in the past from converting on-the-fly.
>
> The script was updated in 2009, so I *hope* that was fixed.

Ok, I read your write-up too, I will test this later this week. Holiday
coming up ;-)

On a Belgian keyboard some characters (namely \, |, @, #, ~, {, }, [, ],
`) are formed using AltGr and are impossible to make in syslinux right
now. And as reported, numeric keypad is a no-go as well.

Thanks for the feedback,