[syslinux] gpxelinux local disk boot does not work

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 15:21:26 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Gene Cumm <gene.cumm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 15:44, Jeff Sadowski <jeff.sadowski at gmail.com> wrote:
>> For now:
>>
>> Is there a way to get gpxelinux to look in a different directory for
>> its config file.
>> Like chainloading gpxelinux and from the chain load use a different
>> directory as the base directory so it uses a separate default file.
>
> A quick and simple way is to move the gpxelinux.0 file you're loading
> to the new directory.
>
> If we assume you load tftp://10.0.0.1/pxelinux.0 (which looks for
> configs under tftp://10.0.0.1/pxelinux.cfg/), use
> tftp://10.0.0.1/gpxe/gpxelinux.0 (which should look for configs under
> tftp://10.0.0.1/gpxe/pxelinux.cfg/).

thats what I was thinking so I tried the following

LABEL test
MENU LABEL test
KERNEL /gpxe/gpxelinux.0

and modified the default boot option in
/gpxe/pxelinux.cfg/default as follows

[quote]
PROMPT 1
DEFAULT bartpe
timeout 30

LABEL bartpe
MENU LABEL bartpe
KERNEL memdisk
INITRD http://10.255.11.252/slax/optional/bartpe.iso
APPEND iso raw
[/quote]

it looks like it is using the /pxelinux.cfg/default file because it
was still trying to boot local
I'll try removing gpxelinux.0 from the base directory.