[syslinux] gpxelinux local disk boot does not work

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 20:52:08 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 4:52 PM, H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:
> On 07/20/2010 03:25 PM, Jeff Sadowski wrote:
>>
>> this should be gpxe/pxelinux.0
>> however it is still using
>> /pxelinux.cfg/default
>> and not
>> /gpxe/pxelinux.cfg/default
>>

> This doesn't apply to chainloaded files, unless you use pxechain.com.

I was just experimenting with pxechain.com

LABEL test
MENU LABEL test
KERNEL /gpxe/pxechain.com
APPEND 10.255.11.252:/gpxe/gpxelinux.0

[quote]
# ls -1 -R
.:
gpxe/
initrd.gz
memdisk
pxelinux.0
pxelinux.cfg/
vmlinuz

./gpxe:
gpxelinux.0
pxechain.com
pxelinux.cfg/

./gpxe/pxelinux.cfg:
default

./pxelinux.cfg:
default
[/quote]

gpxelinux.0 still uses /pxelinux.cfg/default

(/pxelinux.cfg/default)'s default option is local
(/gpxe/pxelinux.cfg/default)'s default option is bartpe
when I type test from pxelinux.0
it goes to gpxelinux.0 but gpxelinux.0 goes to local even though it
doesn't even have a local in /gpxe/pxelinux.cfg/default

It seems the syntax of pxechain.com has changed if I use double colons
it doesn't work at all it just stalls