[syslinux] Ghostcast random freeze.

Hudson, Lawrence H. Lawrence.H.Hudson at tuck.dartmouth.edu
Wed Jul 28 14:38:47 PDT 2010

Greetings again,

I am experiencing a lockup when ghost casting about 1 out of 5 client machines locks up.  I don't recall if I was having this issue when I was using 3com pxe menus or not.  I was wondering if the issue I am seeing could be caused by pxelinux since it basically is loading a Linux kernel then booting a MSDos.imz file.  I cannot find any errors from the ghostcast side or the ghost error file.

Here is the pxelinux menu item I am choosing which I created.

# MS-DOS Loader for GHOST Cast Server
LABEL GHOST
MENU DEFAULT
MENU LABEL ^1. T12 Group 1 Session 1
KERNEL MEMDISK
append initrd=imz/t12/T12-G1-1.imz stack=4096 raw keeppxe

I have added the Stack, Raw, and keeppxe settings while trying to diagnose if there was a memory issue with how the imz is loaded up.

Inside the imz file the only important line to mention is the ghost line in the autoexec.bat

GHOST.EXE -FNI -ja=T12-G1-1 -buffersize=32 -sure -rb

I have added the buffersize in hopes it would help with the network card. I have tried -slowfile as well.

Can anyone see anything wrong with what I am trying to do? Has anyone seen random lockups with ghostcast sessions?