[syslinux] isolinux: Disk error 20, AX=425 c, drive EF

Bill E. Carroll Bill.E.Carroll at noaa.gov
Thu Jun 3 13:05:19 PDT 2010

Hello SYSLINUX,

    I have been searching for a resource for the "Disk error" messages
coming out of isolinux.

    I am seeing the message "isolinux: Disk error 20, AX=425 c, drive
EF" on many occasions where a combination of questionable Linux OS media
comes in contact with touchy LITE-ON DVD/RW Drives attempting to load
Red Hat Linux. We know that changing the Drive or the media solves the
problem, but the drive and the media works in other workstations.

    I am an engineer working for the National Weather Service, and this
is an issue that can potentially affect the workstations that
Meteorologist use to view weather images on.

    I would be glad to share more information about this with you if you
like. I very much appreciate any guidance you can provide.

Thanks,
Bill Carroll
National Weather Service
Radar Operations Center