[syslinux] link to download isolinux.cfg file

Shantanu Gadgil shantanugadgil at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 8 09:31:35 PDT 2010

Hi,
I am sure what he means is "I request you to provide the link ..."

For some reason he has written the same in passive voice! :) :)

The "accepted" could be elaborated as ...

"If its OK with you, please include the file in the next version..."

:) :)

Regards,
Shantanu

H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> On 06/04/2010 06:30 PM, Prof S W Damle wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > (1)     You are requested to provide the link to download a file that
> > contains "Isolinux.cfg/Syslinux.cfg" with necessary "colour scheme".
> > (2)     If accepted, requested to provide such a file in Syslinux-3.87
> > on wards
> >

> Dear "Prof S W Damle",
>
> You may want to consider phrasing your requests more politely in the
> future.  It's not clear to me if it is intentional or if it is just
> unfamiliarity with the nuances of English, but to use the words "you are
> requested" in the manner you are is generally considered to be a demand,
> not a polite request.  I have noticed this in your emails in the past as
> well.

100% agreed.  It's highly unusual, in my opinion, and off-putting.

- Shao Miller