[syslinux] Pre48 - syslxcom compile errors

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Jun 16 00:35:02 PDT 2010

On 06/15/2010 09:51 PM, Michael D. Setzer II wrote:
> I just downloaded the pre48 and ran make.
> It ran fine for everything, but ended with a number of errors related to the
> syslxcom program. Usually, I only see the messages about the windows
> build since I am doing the make on a Fedora 10 system.
>
> Is there something new that has been added that requires something that I
> am missing? From looking at the program this isn't related to the isolinux that
> I use on my g4l cd project.

This probably refers to <linux/fiemap.h> which is a relatively recent
header, which was added in order to support the newer FIEMAP method of
mapping a file (this is required in order to be 64-bit compliant.)

It might be best to include a private copy of this file to avoid compile
failures on older systems; it is just a set of simple data structures
and a single ioctl number.