[syslinux] Advanced Format Technology

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Jun 16 00:37:41 PDT 2010

On 06/15/2010 11:03 PM, Mortaza Doulaty wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm ready to test the compatibility of SYSLINUX of drives with 4kb sector
> size.
>
> If needed, tell me what to do!

Do you have a hard disk with 4K logical sector size *and* a system which
can successfully boot from those?

For a 4K physical/512B logical hard disk, which I believe includes the
WD drives, there should be no impact on Syslinux whatsoever.

Of course, testing is always welcome!  Setting up a system to boot using
extlinux and reporting bugs -- regardless if they are related to 4K
sectors or not -- would be great.