[syslinux] COM32

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 05:04:23 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 06:06, Mortaza Doulaty
<mortaza.doulaty at gmail.com> wrote:
> To be more specific about the error, the file pointer (after trying to
> create a new file) is NULL and the error no is: 22 which is 'Invalid
> argument'.
>
> I tried reading from a file from the same location, it succeeded.

Writing to anything on the local filesystem (except the ADV) is the
invalid argument.  You can't write to the FILE pointer as it points
towards a file.  I believe you could write to the FILE pointer if it
pointed towards stdout or stderr.  Some BIOSs are buggy hence writing
is disabled.

There have been discussions on writing to the serial port and a TFTP
server (PXELINUX only) but I can't be certain of their status.  I know
HPA implemented something that made collecting a key piece (or set) of
diagnostic data easier than copying character for character something
on the screen (purely electronic in some way).

--
-Gene

"No one ever says, 'I can't read that ASCII(plain text) e-mail you sent me.'"