[syslinux] Remotely Wipe Hard Drive

Matthew Holevinski eylusion at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 12:12:25 PDT 2010

Shao,

" Would an accurate statement about your scenario be: All computers
_currently_ are remotely accessible and have Windows installed on their
HDDs.  If that's the case, were you hoping to use a Windows boot-time
menu to chain-boot some flavour of Syslinux and initiate the cleansing
process? "

that's very similiar to what I want to do, although, remember it might be kind
of difficult to apply a ghost image to the same windows partition the computer
is currently using. But you got the right idea, if there is something
I could setup
remotely to where, on next reboot the client could choose an option to
wipe his drive.

otherwise, i have to ship a cd and that could take a week or two,
thought i might be
able to hook up something alittle faster than that. Ya, since syslinux
cannot be installed
over an ntfs partition I might be kinda screwed. I'll keep looking
around for other options
though.

Also even if i could get someone to pxe boot, I don't believe the
local routers to the client
forward pxe requests, so it wouldnt' do me anygood.

Matt